Pūkeko in a Palm Tree
Block Party on Peel Street
Te Tairāwhiti Arts Festival is proud to partner with Gisborne District Council to present Pūkeko in a Palm Tree – a free block party celebrating Christmas in the CBD on Peel Street! Celebrate the season to give and to gather, with workshops for tamariki, kai carts, donation stations, and live music!
Pūkeko in a Palm Tree Block Party will include:
- Live music along Gladstone Road
- Performances at a stage in front the Library
- Kai Trucks along Peel Street
- Art and crafts workshops
- Rangatahi Market Stalls powered by Tāiki e! Next Gen
- A late-night shopping experience
- Donation stations to drop of toys, clothes, or kai
Many businesses within the CBD will be extending their hours to allow for a late-night shopping experience – the perfect time to get your holiday shopping done!
Bring the whānau out to support local businesses and artists on December 15, from 3PM – 8PM.